Apple pencil gen 2 is not charging and getting detected.

Hi @iRobinPro

I’m facing an issue with my Apple Pencil gen 2. For some heating conditions, I have unplugged my pencil from iPad. When checked by morning, it was drained to 0%. So I connected again to iPad and it started charging. Suddenly this afternoon, I couldn’t able to detect the Apple Pencil and when I try to reconnect it again, it’s still unavailable to detect via Bluetooth. I have software updated the ipad, resetted the network settings. It’s still undetected. It keeps on blinking as shown in the attached image. My year warranty got expired too. I haven’t purchased Apple care too.

Can you please check whether you could able to help me in this one. I’ll be grateful.

hello bro, sad to know about apple pencil suddenly stopped working. may I know when its purchased? month and year?

16th Nov 2022. Now it keeps on blinking when i connect it to ipad.

even though its not under warranty, its recommended to check once for any defects at apple service center bro. for apple pencil repairing is not possible. they mostly replace. But just check for any possible defects.

Any chance of recent drops bro? on the floor?

1 Like

Not at all bro. It never fell anywhere around. It could be dirty a little but doesn’t have any defects since i was using it yesterday for 50 mins and it was working all fine.

is it possible that they’ll replace it ?

Rarely they pull some strings to replace for free bro. they may check the apple pencil internals for any movements or damages. Based on that we have to request and see for possibility to get free replacement. if its under warranty no issues. for any such sudden stopped working issue we can get free replacement without any questions asked.

But without warranty its 50/50 chance. but we should give it a try and see.

Do you use it for sketch works or only for writing purposes?

1 Like

I’ll use it for both. I’m checking at a service Center later this day.

What could be the reason for this problem of it isn’t any hardware defects or physical damage !?

mostly internal damage bro. better not to conclude right now, as the pencil is too small to repair or open, they may get a scan to see if any damage found or they proceed wiht the replacement straight away.

do check and let me know.

If its mostly writing works, I could recommend cheaper alternative like Tukzer pencil as suggested in our video. Just as a Plan B.

1 Like

Thanks for the help and information. I’ll let you know once checked with them.

1 Like

Hi @iRobinPro bro. I’ve checked with the service team, they’re saying that these belong to accessories and they couldn’t able to diagnose it. If possible, they can able to replace the battery but they cannot make sure to replace a new one. They gave one exception asking me to contact Apple support. If they gave exception to replace the product, they can be able to provide it.

I have contacted the Apple support team and they asked for video/photo evidence to clarify the issue with the technical team.

Is it possible that they could make any exception !? Have anywhere happened like it before !?

Yes bro. it is possible. Lets wait for their confirmation. its 50/50 chance again. so lets wait for positive response from them.