Buying a new macbook for a Graphic Designer?

Hello Robin! :wave: My name is Afkar, and I’m a graphic designer and photographer.

Currently, I’m using a Windows PC with low specs, which isn’t very effective for my needs. Recently, I had the opportunity to use my friend’s M2 MacBook Pro, and I was impressed by how fast and smooth it was to use.

I believe a MacBook would be the right choice for my work. So, my question is: which MacBook would be best for me?

Here are my requirements:

1. Portability and lightweight design.
  2. Excellent performance for graphic design, photo editing, and basic video editing.
  3. Long battery life.
  4. Reasonable price range of $1500 to $2000 USD.

Could you please suggest a suitable option?

Hi bro, for Graphic Designers and Video Editors in general, Macbook Pro series are good choice to consider. It has the power to handle Photo, Video editing with multiple apps opened on the side. Even if you want to connect it to external monitor with your work desk setup, it will be an excellent choice.

If you are in USA, do check Refurbished models at apple website. B&H, Best Buy Stores also sell such Refurbished model with applecare+ extended warranty coverage. Whenever you buy Refurbished model applecare+ is good to consider.

14 inch model is suitable for most users. We need to check two things before purchasing.

1. Experience the screen size difference at apple showroom. Reduced weight means, 14" macbook pro will be best. as 16" model adds bit more weight also packs more hardware resource.

2. Check Apps that you normally use are also available for macOS. Pirated apps are not recommended. So buy such apps like Adobe Creative Cloud and Final Cut Pro if you need to video edit. Otherwise, you may use Davinci Resolve and continue with the editing.

Price is the important factor here. With Discounts you may see price difference. Depends on the storage and RAM we choose it is decided. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

1 Like

Ok bro…

Thanks for the clarification.
I’ll check it.

2 Likes