Files App Content Unavailable Error

Hello, I have been using ipad Air for the past two years. After the update of Ipad Os 17, files app is showing an error of “Content Unavailable”. I have contacted apple supported and updated the ipad with mac, but still the issue persist. Any sugges

hi bro, what kind of troubleshooting steps apple support done? tried reset and all settings reset?

Hello bro,

Apple support did the following troubleshooting

1. Restarting the iPad
  2. Re-installing iPad
  3. Resetting the iPad
  4. Re-installing the software for the iPad (recovery mode) with Mac

They have done all the necessary troubleshooting steps bro. File App also reinstalled? just to test do install Documents App in your iPad, then browse the files app contents from Documents App and let me know if you are seeing any files or same error happens.

Same issue still persist in Documents app too, but if I try to search for a particular file I’m able to take I’m able to see them.

If its disk error, then files app should not work at all. so strange some permission issue in the iPadOS is causing the problem is what I think bro. but iPadOS restore should have fixed the problem.

I am hearing about this issue for the first time.

did apple service center technician or support staff gave any solution what could be the issue?is the iPad Air under warranty by any chance?

No, iPad is not under warranty anymore. I haven’t contacted them again, after doing the restoration again. Because they checked all the possibilities like location permission, VPN and finally did the installation of the OS.

Thats what I am confused here bro. iPadOS restore the maximum software level troubleshooting we can do. That will fix any software specific issue we have. But it didnt help in your case.

Can you check once again with apple service center? ask for some solution to fix or let them run diagnostics to find any hardware level error is the reason.