How to check iPad Is Original or Refurbished?

Hi brother,I recently Bought Ipad 10th generation 64gb wifi only Variant from Apple Official Online store,in that Ipad the Serial number is starting with alphabet ‘F’ does it mean it is refurbished?

Hello bro, it is possible that it may be refurbished. But some new units also comes with F starting letters at stores. When we check warranty status at checkcoverage.apple.com we do see whether it’s replaced or refurbished unit or not.

It still carries same warranty and coverage as new model bro. So far I havent noticed any issues refurbished models.

1 Like

How to find whether ipad is refurbished or new ,is there any option other than serial number.

I called Apple support regarding this,they are saying that, Apple has no terms that F means Refurbished like that.

No bro. there is no other way to identify it. As I mentioned, the serial number is used only for identification internally at apple service center when we claim warranty or total number of service done earlier. just a history for them to manage.

This makes no difference for common user. thats why apple support dont have separate guidance towards refurbished and serial number based identification.