iPad for Note Taking, Air or Pro? Which is Best Buy?

Hi Irobin bro,

I’m Planning to buy an iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd or 4th-gen, base model wifi only. The main purpose of my usage is for note-taking(for upskilling IT skills (DevOps)) and sometimes for binge-watching at the weekend only. Please suggest bro, whether this is suitable or not, or else I need to go with another model (iPad Air or any other)

The reason, why I’m going with the pro model is because of the display and 120HZ.

NOTE: I already have (Mac, Apple Watch,iPhone)

hello bro, iPad PRo 11 inch is perfect choice. both 3rd and 4th gen are good to consider according to any offers you are getting. Performance wise you wont see any big difference.

iPad Air is suitable if you are not concerned about ProMotion Display. Pro model has best display bro. so consider 3rd gen if you are getting good offers. It will go well with your apple ecosystem.

Also regarding apps requirement, have you checked whether the DevOps apps you normally use are available for iPadOS? or is it mostly browser based?

Thanks for your reply bro,

Through Mac I’ll do the stuff bro,(All will be SSH only, through the Termius app I’ll take it so it will not be a problem bro) Mainly for note taking only using the iPad (Previously I was using a normal Notebook only, I was completed 5 notebook which each having 300 pages previous year, it is very difficult to carry to one places to another also sometimes to refer any point/topic also taking time, So that taken this decision bro).

In my district (Tirupathur), the iPad Pro is not available in most of the stores only the ipad air is available, the online price is equal to the Apple website itself bro, searching for the best, and once I got I’ll update further here bro.

Also, can you suggest which Apple Pencil need to go and the note-taking app bro?

In addition, already you have mentioned iPad Air is also good, can you pls let me know is any difference in movie watching in iPad Air M1 vs iPad Pro 11 will be different?

I understand bro. you can order from apple india website too. check service options for your pincode. for iPad Pro model we have to choose the 2nd gen apple pencil bro. and you may check with Good Notes note taking app. It works best.

If you havent used 120Hz ProMotion displays before, it should be a problem. But 120Hz makes good difference with overall smoothness while using it. iPad Air also feels faster but we will notice it only if we used Pro model already. It has the best display available on iPad right now.

For usage wise iPad Air itself sufficient bro. But its not like macOS. so terminal cannot be used directly and we have to use with third party apps. Kindly verify the same at any showroom you visit.

Display wise iPad Pro wins for movie watching. It can be felt only when we see them side by side.

If you dont feel like spending that extra 20K around on Pro model, Air should be good choice.

Hi Bro,

I bought the iPad Air 5th gen itself and an Apple Gen 2 pencil. It’s All good, only thing is storage, initially, I thought 64GB would be fine, so I bought this. Post importing my iPhone data to the IPad, now the OS(12GB), system data(21GB) and currently left is 8GB only. I tried the way by setting the date for a year ahead as you conveyed in one video(it got reduced to 10GB but after again 1hr it came back to the same). This storage space is getting frustrating continuously and feeling like I made a wrong move.

Is there any way I can exchange with Apple and go for the higher model without much price loss bro?

Can you please suggest the case cover and temper glass, I checked all your videos, and I can able to see only a 3-year-old video, but while checking found it also not available.

Hello Bro, System storage 21GB is not normal. I am using iPad Pro and its within the limit of 10GB most of the time. Right now we cannot exchange it, we have to sell it outside and go with new purchase.

Is the iPadOS updated to latest version?

Hi Bro,

The latest one only bro,Currently i reseted the Ipad and installed only necessary apps. so As of now space is fine bro.

Can you please suggest the case cover and temper glass, I checked all your videos, and I can able to see only a 3-year-old video, but while checking found it also not available.

If necessary do iPadOS Restore once by connecting it to computer bro. if the default suggestion about clearing system storage didnt help, then we have to do such last measure.

You can check with ProElite Brand

ESR also has tempered glass that you may check.

When it comes to case or cover, ProElite again has good collection of flip type cases and covers bro

DO check user reviews once, design you like to use with, and go for it.

Thank you so much, bro,

You’re like a brother, I have asked a lot of questions, and without any hesitation, you have responded and the time you have given to this community is great. Thank you once again, bro.

1 Like

:heart::pray:t2: welcome anytime bro. Have a wonderful day. :hugs:

1 Like