iPhone 15 Pro Max Battery Drains Faster after iOS 17.1 Update

My iPhone 15 pro max battery drains faster after 17.1 update. I tried to reset all settings but no improvement. Added upon imessage error activating with number tried all aspects but no positive result .

Hello bro, Idle battery drain overnight seems to be stable from 1 AM till 6 AM morning. Besides that, during usage hours, the drain seems to be a bit faster. was it Instagram and youtube apps for video streaming you used during the 10 PM till 12AM duration?

Just today start charging your iPhone up to 80 or higher and then start using it for the next 24 hours. see how it works out.

Make sure all the apps are updated too. you will see improvement bro.

1 Like

Hello brother. Yea I could see bit faster drain especially it was Instagram btwn 10 to 12. All apps are updated. For two days i feel device getting little over heating charging between 20 to 50 itself. I don’t know if it’s any bug or something. Also after resetting I faced one more issue mobile number failed to activate on iMessage.

iMessage activation failed happens mostly with Airtel network bro. do try to activate it again after adding 20Rs or more balance to your number. it may take few times to activate successfully. restart your iPhone after 2 times attempt and then try activating iMessage again. that will help.

about instagram fast drain. do uninstall instagram app for 2 days and use it in your safari browser. just to check how the battery drain happens.

then we can install instagram app again to see if there is any noticeable change or not.

Hi Robin bro, I am also having same issue in Jio as well. I’m having 24 rs in Jio sim but still having “waiting for activation” error.

1 Like

with jio so far I havent experienced bro. is the sim have 20Rs or some balance loaded? also is it SIM Card older than 2 years or eSIM?

I am using 15 pro(i am new to iphone)ni8 i have charge upto 100% and remove plug at 3 am . Mrng i wake up 10 clk my charge 87%.battery reduce 13 % it normal drain or any setting want to change

13% is bit higher bro. you can observe for 1 week and see if there is any change that goes below 8 to 10%. which is normal. sometime due to low signal coverage, notifications we receive could be the reason for higher drain.

Any setting want to change.kindly say bro

I was Recharged 30 rs to my jio sim bro. It is esim.

is it a new eSIM ported to your iPhone bro? within 2 or 3 days?

No settings change needed right now bro. its new iPhone so give atleast 1 week time for the phone to optimise in the background according to your usage.

1 Like

No bro. Im using esim since last 1 yr.

Created separate discussion topic to avoid notifications sent to the actual post creator bro. lets discuss there.

I reinstalled Instagram brother. I could see improvement in battery. For iMessage im using Airtel network brother tried top up of 20 and no change. I’ll follow remaining steps you’ve mentioned above and I’ll post d result. Thanks a ton for helping out brother :innocent:

Good to know instagram issue fixed, but recently many airtel users are experiencing this iMessage activation failed error even after loading up the balance.

Give a try again every few hours and see bro. mostly the steps suggested in our video helped for many. lets see.

1 Like

Hello brother. I did top up tried again like u said imessage got activated thanks a lot

1 Like

Good to know bro. I asked airtel once again to check and fix this problem. Hoping they listen to this.

@Airtel_Presence @airtelindia For more than 5 years, there has been one problem iPhone users have been experiencing with Airtel Network when they activate iMessage or Facetime. I don't know how none of the Airtel employees experienced the same and tried to fix it.

Kindly check… pic.twitter.com/O7OHhIu2yD

— iRobinPro 🪺 (@iRobinPro) November 25, 2023
1 Like

That’s great brother. Shall see what they respond. Also one more doubt brother. I’m using 20w apple adapter is that good enough or should I choose some other like 15W and below

20W is good to use bro. Most of us are using the same. iPhone auto optimises the charging speed. so dont worry.

1 Like