Lost Apple Watch, Can the Thief Hard Reset it?

Hey bro, I lost my iWatch 7 Cellular model last Friday in a shopping mall. However, I tried to find it, e-sim connectivity is worst I couldn’t find it.

The question is, if a thief steals an iWatch can he hard reset it?

Hello bro, sad to know that you lost your apple watch. Make sure to turn on lost mode immediately from Find My App on your iPhone. Even if they reset the watch, it will still ask for your apple id and password to remove activation lock. As far as I know its not possible to reuse the apple watch once lost mode is ON, or if they straight away perform factory reset.

Thanks for your information bro. The thief got to the police, and he agreed that he stole the watch.

1 Like

That’s excellent news, bro. :clap:t2:

1 Like

Recently it happened to my wife. She lost wifi version of Apple Watch Series 3 and she got to know that it’s missing post 45 minutes only. We are unable to track it as it shows same location on find my. Not sure what to do as we still haven’t got it!

the watch cannot be used with other iPhone bro. Make sure to put it in lost mode. Finding the watch chance is very less. But when the thief tries to pair it with another iPhone, it will ask for apple id used in your watch previously. So combined with lost mode activation lock, we can prevent the theft device from normal usage bro.also it sends us location details if its attempted to connect.