M1 Macbook Air, Is it safe to update to macOS Sonoma?

Hi bro im having a nearly 1 and half years old macbook air m1 bought on october 2022 which came equipped with macOS Monterey 12.5.1 .is it safe to upgrade to macOS Sonoma 14.2.1 now? And if i have to do a compatibility check of all the softwares how to do that?

I sold my macbook air m1 model recently and it was running beta version of Sonoma bro. Now my friend who bought is have upgraded to stable version. so far its running smooth and no issues for his every day usage. You can check the compatibility of specific softwares by visiting the software website itself. They mention whether its compatible with latest macOS version or not.

You can decide accordingly. I hope it helps.

Hi @iRobinPro Bro Hope you’re doing great…!!!
I had observed some battery draining issues on macos sonoma bro and some of the glitches too.

All good bro, thank you. what kind of issues you are experiencing? any app specific problem?

also battery drain depends on the apps we use most of the time. if there is any difference in video usage or chrome browser and other apps usage, we see different battery level. its bit tough to pin point the macbook battery performance issues.

Make sure chrome or any other apps installed are also updated to latest version.

Hi Bro,

Hope you’r doing good, small clarification mac book air M1 the cycle count is 20 nd capacity is 98% bro is it normal or heavy bro can I have ur suggestion bro

It does fluctuate bro. Unlike iphone battery mac battery is large in capacity. Even for regular usage it comes for 4 years on average. So measure it like 5 to 6 months once bro. That will give us better idea.

1 Like