Mac mini M2 or M1 Macbook Air? Which is Best Buy?

Hi @iRobinPro Bro, I hope you’re doing well. I have 90,000 rupees and am a student and programmer, so I was looking for a Macbook or Mac desktop.

Bro, I see that if I buy the base model Mac Mini M2, the ssd r/w speed is too slow compared to my current ssd on my laptop.

I code most of the time, but I don’t use Xcode or the most heavy IDE or code editor; I use a lightweight editor that uses under 100 MB of RAM. I also watch Netflix, YouTube, and Prime Video.

I need a laptop that lasts me at least 6 - 7 years, so should I go and buy the base model M1 Macbook Air? I don’t care about the built-in SSD size; I just need it to be fast to load the applications. For storing data, I have external sata and m.2 ssds.

I’m waiting for your answer, bro.

Hello bro, all is well and thank you. hoping you too. M1 macbook air still handles the tasks you have mentioned very well. But the question here is, whether you are planning to use it for long term or planning to change it after 2 to 3 years when your usage level increases?. Considering 512GB model with any model helps to get better read and write speed.

Mac mini m2 is good idea but again 512GB atleast should be considered and for desktop setup.

For mobility, macbook air M1 or M2 is going to be good choice always. budget will not fit with Macbook Air models.

You have to consider Mac mini M2 with 512GB storage and 16GB RAM and I think that could fit into your budget well. But its a desktop if thats ok for you. Also do get it under student discounts. We may see Back to School offers around July month first week in India. Which will again bring good discounts for students on mac mini too.

1 Like

@iRobinPro bro im buying macbook air m1 base model this week or within this month, also i just need to clarify a doubt how long this macbook air battery last? also how much it will cost to replace a battery?
i getting this for ₹82,700 in student discount

Good morning bro. Macbook batteries normally comes for 4 to 5 years lifetime. then we change it at apple service center. price wise currently its the best we can find. but if you could wait just a month more for Back to school 2023 offers, then you may be able to get more discounts I think.

1 Like

Bro im buying in iPlanet with student discount, also bro can i use my 20w apple charger to charge my macbook? will it saves battery life, cause some people says that slow charging equals to long battery life

thats good to buy locally bro. 20W is too low for such bigger battery enabled macbook. you can use the provided adapter bro. dont worry about battery health much. you will get through 4 years on average even for frequent usage. just get the work done with your macbook whenever you are using it.

1 Like

bro i brought macbook air m1 base model

@iRobinPro bro how to hide this thumbnails from dock

Congrats on your new Macbook Praveen bro. that last side section in Dock cannot be removed so far. only recent apps before that section can be removed. and all other icons can be rearranged or removed.

1 Like

@iRobinPro bro i suggest you to continue the new to mac guide series.