Macbook Air M1 battery health reduced

I brought macbook m1 air before 5 months back. My battery % got reduced to 96% but battery cycle count still it is 14 only. I contacted apple care support & visited apple service centre also but i was totally helpless.(They told me that if battery drops below 80% within year only we can replace battery as per our policy).

So many times i contacted apple support but they are sticking with their policy words. (Below 80% within the 1 year they could replace). In my case within 7 months battery droped to 94%. it may drop to 80 % within next 10 -12 months during that time my warrent will get expired. I didnt take any apple care+ for my mac.

Then I enquired regarding apple protect+ as per your video in youtube channel with iplanetcare. they told me apple Protect+ right now its not available for mac, but alternatively you can take ONSITEGO insurance plan (extended 2 year warranty).

I enquired is battery can be replaced with this plan if battery drops below 80%. Iplanet team is saying that they could replace battery but that service should be made via ONSITEGO team only.

I dont know how much i can believe their words!.. Can you help me with this problem. How i can proceed in this issue and please provide me guidelines in solving this issue. Can I take Onsitego insurance or not? or any other solution available?. Is onsitego insurance is trustworthy?.

hi bro, I havent personally tried OnSiteGo yet, they must be another third party insurance service provider like Bajaj, Reliance and OneAssist for asset or our computer devices.

As you battery cycle count is less, you can continue using the device normally. if there is any bug or issue that is causing the Battery Health to show wrong data, it normally gets fixed with upcoming updates.

You are using new macbook air. so dont worry much about battery health. usually defective units will show up battery health dropping faster to 80% within warranty period.

similar to iPhone we can follow same charging practice to mac as well. not draining the battery frequently to zero percentage will help to maintain it. just charging it around 10% is sufficient in most cases for macbooks.

OnsiteGo has decent reviews on amazon and few other websites. You may opt for the warranty if you feel like you need an extended coverage. as applecare+ or protect+ is not possible to apply right now as you have exceeded that 60 days time limit.

Just check with iPlanet Service center once, whether the service will be done by them means, they will replace original spares by bringing it to iPlanet or onsitego will do third party service of battery replacement? Because other than apple authorised service centers, original spares are not accessible and available with third party service centers till date.

Kindly confirm that and if all set then you may consider it. Otherwise when the battery reaches its cycle count we see the warning message to change the battery for better performance. till then we dont have to worry. For normal users from my observation, it takes 4 years on average to reach that 1000 cycle count.

Bro,

Thanks for your reply… i asked to iplanet team, they told this onsitego extended warranty service can be taken only at iplanet service centre located areas alone.

Service also be done if iplanet service centre is located only at our location only.

I asked them is can we directly approach the iplanet directly at the time issue… They told me that repair service should be booked in onsitego end only, they will be picking your device & handover only to iplanet side as they partnered with 3rd party onsitego team. Once serviced they will collect from iplanet & handover to you.

Only above i am having concern… is can onsitego would be trustworthy at the time of issue…. Totally confused with their policy wording….

1 Like

That sounds good bro. Just I wanted to make sure that there is no tampering outside apple authorised service center in the name of warranty claim without product owners permission. If iPlanet can confirm that, then it shouldnt be problem bro.

We cannot confirm right now whether onsitego will be trustable or not. I did post the same in my twitter asking for opinions from existing buyers. so far none received. Have seen positive feedback in amazon comments though.

Just ask possible questions with the iPlanet service center staff, and if all sounds good you may proceed with it bro. It should be good as far as I know.

Thanks a lot for your guidance in this issue… After your words i got clarity on my side…. Once again i would have a word with iplanet team & i could proceed….

1 Like

All the best bro. have a good day.