Netflix not opening in Apple tv 4K - Gen 2

Hello,
I bought a secondhand Apple TV 4K (Gen 2 /Model A2169) with apple support till May 2023. I made a reset to the device and logged in and started using it. Everything is working fine except Netflix. The app is not opening at all. After this problem, I have hard reset, reset using menu, and updated to latest TV OS and latest version of the app, but still the problem persists. I am unable to open the app at all. I am currently in South Korea and the device is genuine and can verify the serial number successfully. Even I tried changing the country in my apple ID as well as in apple TV settings, but nothing seems working. Kindly suggest your opinion.

Hi bro, did you download the Netflix app fresh from the appstore assigned to the country you are in? deleting and downloading the app? You are seeing appstore content available in south korean after you changed your apple id country and region correct?

Yes bro. I have tried that too…
First, I have set the country to India (in my Apple ID and in TV) and tried installing and opening the app. It did not work.
Next, I have set the country to South Korea (in my Apple ID and in TV) and installed the app and opened, still it did not work.

It is good to check once with apple service center bro. If you are able to access other services and apps available in that country, then netflix should work too. Atleast the error should be clear.

So it is recommended to check once with apple service center for any issues. They may flash software and check to see problem fixed or not.

Do let me know if possible after their response.

Okay bro. I shall take the device to service center and revert once the issue is resolved.

Sure bro.

Bro, today I went to Apple service center. They ran some diagnostics and almost within 20 minutes, they mentioned me that a new device will be replaced within a week. When I asked, what was the problem, they told there are few issues with the memory. It was a good and quick service. When I asked what unit will be replaced (as my model was discontinued), they told just the latest one. But I am not sure whether they will give me the one with LAN port model or only Wifi model. I wish they give the one with LAN (as my old model A2169 was with LAN) May be after I receive the unit, I shall update the same.

As expected, some hardware level issue could be the reason. Good to know you are getting in replaced bro.

Do talk to the service person. Apple support team decides and sends the replacement unit that they are allowed to. You have to check for the option to ask for higher version bro. I doubt its not possible. But give it a try.

Hi Bro,
Yesterday I received update from the service centre that my new unit arrived and I went to collect it. The new unit was the same model (A2169). I could not receive the newer version :frowning: When I asked why the latest model was not provided, they told until they have the new stock of the same model, they would provide the same.
The new unit was sealed in a simple brown cardboard box (not in the actual new package) and only the unit was present, not even the cable and other package stuffs. Even they returned the old siri remote to me.
I installed the new device and logged in with region set to South Korea, and with my Apple ID set to India. I am able to download and install the Netflix app and was able to login as usual. The Netflix app automatically detects the location and shows content only related to South Korea.
Thanks a lot bro for your support. :slight_smile:

Yes bro. They provide just the replacement unit as we own the accessories and box contents with us.

Same applies for all their product replacements. If stock not available they will provide new models. Else it will be the same. Dont worry, you wont find any defect or problem.

Netflix does the location detection to restrict content to specific country bro.

This was my first apple device replaced under warranty ever in the past 8 years of my use of apple products. I got to know that now about the packages. No defects bro. Just was expecting the latest model. It works fine and Netflix too.

1 Like