Not able to use Apple Pencil and scribble in iPad Pages app

Hi @iRobinPro am using iPad 10th Gen and have Apple Pencil 1st Generation. With Pencil am able to scribble and take Notes using default Notes App. Works seamlessly fine. I have a requirement to create a document using Pages app but am not able to use pencil to draft the document in Pages app. Pls let me know if am missing something.

Hello bro, looks like temporary pages app issue. force close the app and reopen it. then tap on pencil inside pages app blank document or any existing document to open editing mode. also check whether you see “EDIT” button at top right corner. If you see such, tap on it and continue editing the document with apple pencil content.

You can scribble and it will be added as separate block of content in pages app.

Hi brother, thanks for the response. Have tried your suggestions, still facing the same issue. Posted the video in FB thread.

saw the video bro. have you updated to latest iPadOS 16.3? tried restarting the iPad?

@iRobinPro yes tried restarting and iPad runs 16.3 version … I couldn’t get that pencil option when i click edit button and even after touching the blank area in page app … couldn’t get the pencil option… kindly refer the attached video in FB comment section of this post. Kindly help.

I did check bro. this is strange. I just checked with my iPad and its working perfectly alright. Is it possible to reinstall Pages app and check?

@iRobinPro brother reinstall of Pages Application worked. Now , am able to get Pencil options in the Pages app layout and even able to use it to draft documents.(video attached in FB comments section) But curious to know what might be the root cause of the problem seen earlier… any idea… feels soo strange…

1 Like

Could be a bug that prevented us from using the pencil bro. Rarely happens. I am hearing it for the first time. But when we force close or restarting the device didnt help, reinstallation is the last troubleshooting step. Good to know it helped. Have a good day.

1 Like

@iRobinPro thanks brother… will continue exploring Apple eco system… btw still waiting for you Apple Pencil video :pray::smiley:

1 Like

Oh, apple pencil 2 review? Which one bro?

@iRobinPro Apple Pencil Generation to start with … like how to effectively use, tips … review, comparing Apple Pencil Vs 3rd party pencils … would get some glimpses on how effective we can use Pencil in day to day life to improve our productivity

with our apple pencil 1, 2 and Tukzer Pencil review videos, covered most topics bro. have you seen them?

Thanks for the info @iRobinPro brother, as am new to channel, missed to watch those. Just now watched Apple Pencil related videos in channel … very well explained, Thanks

1 Like

I am glad it helped. :slight_smile:

1 Like