Old Macbook to New Macbook Transfer, How to do?

Bro we are buying new macbook i want to just shift everything to that new macbook (ready to go condition)and reset the old macbook how to achieve that and which is better way migration assistant or time machine backup through external ssd because i have configured the mac for programming which so much of softwares and configs do i need to reinstall even if i shift?

Hi bro, I remember using the migration assistant once for my Nephews Mac computer. He is a web developer and uses Docker and few other Programming apps. it was quite heavy overall and the transfer took some extra time but the entire Mac was cloned successfully.

Some reauthentication required with apps due to token timeout. other than that, he didnt have any issues.

Library files and everything was intact as they didnt attach to machine id. so it wasnt a problem in his case.

You may consider migration assistant once before deleting any data in old mac computer bro. that will help.

Do try and let me know. if possible kindly record a video in the beginning and once transfer is completed. Will be useful to educate our audience about the migration assistant availability. I can blur out if there any name or sensitive info displayed in the video. If you are privacy concerned no problem. ignore this request :slight_smile: Let me know if any further assistance needed.

Ok bro i will let u know once i get the macbook and about ur migration assistant transfer did u connect them both wirelessly or with type c to c cable because i was searching in YT they were transferring connected each end with thunderbolt cable is type c and thunderbolt different?

When you launch migration assistant it will ask both machines to be connected in same wifi network bro. I did it wirelessly just by keeping both computers nearby. not wired method I think bro. Forgot as it was long time ago. it will guide you if any cable connectivity required.