Receiving calls in apple watch wifi model

Can we receive phone calls in apple watch by only conecting it with iphone via bluetooth Else should both wifi and bluetooth be turned on inorder to receive calls?

Yes bro. when apple watch is nearby to your iPhone, you will receive calls and you can make calls from apple watch wifi model. also you can send and receive messages. Only whatsapp notifications you will receive and have to instantly reply if you want to from apple watch. as whatsapp official app is not available for apple watch.

So it can can receive calls by connecting only via bluetooth and not to wifi.Just because I am asking that wifi cannot be connected to it all the time.Is that right.

Yes bro. WiFi is not necessary. Apple watch and iPhone pairs via Bluetooth. When WiFi available, apple watch uses it. other times its wifi only to sync.

ThankYou for the information.

1 Like

Brother I have checked it with one of the shop in my place.They are suggesting that you need both wifi and bluetooth which must be connected to same network to receive calls and to experience other functionalities.By only connecting to bluetooth you cannot do these.I thought of buying wifi model.should I stick to it or should I move on to the cellular model.I am asking this because wifi can be given by turning hotspot but always turning on the hotspot may drain the battery of iPhone bit faster.And just only for the cellular it cost me 10k more.So what should I do?

And if you can kindly make a video of all watch related questions and doubts like these.It will be more helpful for many of us which may save 10k for spending just only for the cellular.

hi bro, did you visit apple showroom? the thing is with apple watch, if we go with cellular then we can use the calls and messages feature without iPhone nearby.

If you want to make calls in GPS model, then iPhone should be nearby and connected via bluetooth. apple watch has wifi toggle also which connects to iPhone when iPhone is connected to wifi its shared the connection.

You cannot use hotspot to connect apple watch. because apple watch pairs with iPhone and uses internet. not independently.

Do visit apple showroom once and they will be able to clarify this. You can choose cellular only if you want to leave the iPhone at home and go out for a walking or jogging and want to attend calls and messages.

I am using GPS model apple watch series 9. I can speak on my watch or call others when I am outside my home or office when no WiFi available in my iPhone.

Thankyou for this clear information.

1 Like