The phone is not being charged past 80%

IPHONE 11 iOS 17.3 BH:86%

Hi bro, i have been facing this issue nearly 1 month the charging is normal and device is not getting any warm till 80 % that after that reach im getting "charging on hold because of temperature "

even though the phone is in normal temperature (didnt feel any warm ) and also im charging using 30 w macbook air adapter i have not been facing this issue previously and also tried resetting and restoring the phone mine is on ios 17.3 The main problem is even i kept the phone on charge for 3 to 4 hours its still on same 80% or 82% and also tried both turning on and off the optimized battery charging feature

hi bro, internal temperature may be increased and we may not sometime feel that in the case or externally. with current increased room temperature we cannot override this functionality. its there to protect any hardware damage from happening due to heating.

you can disconnect and continue using the device when it reaches 80% charge level. then when it reaches 20%, then start using the device. we will see changes when temperature drops or air circulation gets better.

1 Like