WhatsApp iCloud Backup Incomplete, missing files

I am reaching out to seek your expertise regarding an issue I am facing with WhatsApp data recovery.

Approximately a month ago, I reset my iPhone 14 Pro. Prior to the reset, I diligently backed up my data both to iCloud and my PC using iTunes. After completing the reset, I restored my data to my phone. This included both my Business WhatsApp and Normal WhatsApp accounts.However, upon checking my Normal WhatsApp storage recently, I noticed that all old files were missing. Upon further investigation, I discovered that there is a discrepancy in the storage allocation within iCloud-managed accounts.

Specifically, there appears to be 18GB of files associated with a single WhatsApp account, which was not the case prior to the reset.

I am perplexed by this situation and am seeking guidance on how to retrieve my missing files and data. Could you kindly provide me with a solution or steps to address this issue? Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Hello Sir, Before performing reset did you verify both whatsapp business and whatsapp regular version settings - chats - backup displayed that the backup to icloud was successful?

Is the 18GB backup still present on your iCloud Storage?

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your prompt response and for your valuable insights.

Indeed, prior to performing the reset, I ensured that both the WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp regular versions displayed successful backups to iCloud under Settings > Chats > Backup.

After the reset, upon restoring WhatsApp, I verified that the complete files were present. Additionally, I re-added my email ID to both WhatsApp accounts and ensured their verification.

Regarding the 18GB backup present on my iCloud Storage, I can confirm that it is still visible. For your reference, I have attached a screenshot showcasing this. Additionally before reset their two WhatsApp backup in my iCloud account. Now it’s showing only 1.

If the size 18GB matches the previous backup you have done, it is still there sir. we can attempt one more restore, but we should not loose the current data in the process. If you still have whatsapp backup ON and able to see the backup size inside whatsapp settings - chats - backup, we can delete the app and restore the backup once again.

Also one more information sir, the default iCloud Backups feature present as third option in above screenshot takes entire iPhone backup. Which also includes Whatsapp, apps and photos backup. its like taking entire iPhone backup copy clone. so we can restore in future when needed.

If you dont want to use that feature to prevent multiple backup, you can turn it off. Or do take the full backup completed when connected to wifi.