which macbook is best for me? kali linux and ethical hacking usage

hi @iRobinPro i am a 25 yr old student and i really wants to know which macbook is best for my usage i want to run virtual machine run kali linux and other ethical hacking related softwares also other office related softwares and for my daily basic usage i dont play games can you please suggest me which macbook suits me well for my longtime usage im really confused how much amount of RAM and how much storage i require actually i dont need 1TB but ive saw basic varient with 512gb has slow read and write speed in youtube videos please guide me to buy efficient and budget frienly mac sir

Hello bro, for Ethical Hacking, Kali Linux usage and Pen testing in general, Windows systems are very well suitable. Macbook is suitable if you are going to use kali linux just via pen drive. Intel processor powered Macbook Pro models released up to 2019 also good choice to consider If you prefer to use macOS for some of your works.

For Pen Testing purposes when you use Kali or other security distributions, they run better with less compatibility issues on PC hardware bro.

I remember running Kali Linux in my 2017 macbook air. Right now its not good buy for macOS, but any 2016 or after Pro models could do better job for USB Bootable OS bro.

Only if you use macOS side by side go with Macbook models. otherwise Not recommended. Also with Apple M series ARM chips, chances of seeing problems is high with security distributions.

Thanks for your response @iRobinPro I’m using windows from 2013 I guess… i got bored and i really wanted to try macbook but its okey if its little challenging to use kali in macbook I’ll continue with my windows but i just wanna know is it completely not friendly to use linux on macbook when compared to windows?

I understand bro. Its very well friendly and I have used Kali Linux USB Bootable mode in 2015 macbook pro with intel processor. Today with Apple chipsets change and new architecture may throw errors and compatibility errors while using it.

Thats why, to avoid interruptions with your learning suggested to consider a good PC or Laptop.

If any of your friends using M1 macbook air or pro models, try using them and see how well it works. spend few hours with it and see bro. you can try usb bootable method of kali linux to see whether you are encountering errors or not. that will help with the decision.