Wrist getting irritation while wearing the apple watch

Hi irobin bro,

I’m using the apple watch 8, while wearing it continuously(in sleep as well) getting irritation whether its because of this band or i need to change another band bro , i searched in internet as well able to see lots of people were facing the same.pls suggest on this.

note : the skin is reddish colour, mobile not able to pick that.

hello bro, I too get silicon allergy sometimes. happened to me once. Whether its original or duplicate silicon band, doesnt matter. some people get skin allergy due to such long term usage of silicon straps or even within a week of usage depending on the level of sensitivity.

I changed to Cotton type bands and then recently moved to silicon strap something I got from amazon. so far no allergy repeated. same type of rashes.

When we use the apple watch for gym and other outdoor activities, sweat deposited in the wrist areas repeatedly can cause some hygiene related issues and such rashes too. I suggest washing the watch band and back side after 2 or 3 days of usage in tap water. letting it dry and wearing it again.

You can temporarily get some Nylon type of strap and see for a week whether same rash reappears.

Consulting a doctor and applying some ointment would be recommended. I did some home remedy, applied coconut oil at nights and in 2 to 3 days the rashes disappeared for me. So kindly do the one you find it suitable.

First of all thanks for your response bro, I thought it was a non-technical query it may not approved for posting.

I’ll try as you suggested the first step(washing the watch ) if it is not then I’ll go with the nylon strap bro.

Welcome bro. its related to apple products. so no problem. Do try and let me know if those alternative suggestions help.

1 Like